Sunday, February 7, 2016

Healthy breakfast ideas



You've all probably noticed how fitness took over instagram and social media in general and people are now almost obsessed with being healthy. Some say that it's a bad thing, and that it is awkward and ridiculous to post pictures of their progress in loosing/gaining weight on instagram, or that healthy meals are literally disgusting. Yeah, I understand that some people just don't get fat even though they eat whatever they want and they have never experienced what 30 minutes on treadmill feel like, but I think eating healthy and working out is a good thing. Not only you look better, but you definitely feel better, reduce stress, gain more energy and become one happy confident person.I've never been a fan of sports either, but when you hit certain stage in your life, you realize (especially when you don't have a model type body) that maybe it's time to change something about you. Luckily I have never been a person who only eats meat and fast-food but I have always loved sweets and snacking. What always bothered me was that whenever I wanted to buy some super cute top or only wear a bralette with my high waisted shorts I always felt that I looked ugly. Many times I ended up buying something that I was't comfortable in wearing around people I knew, so I only wore it on vacations or when I went somewhere with my parents.This year I have finally started hitting up gym regularly and I gained (at least some) interest in fitness. The most important thing that I've learnt is, that if you want to be healthy, you have to first change your lifestyle, and that can be very hard especially if you're a teenager or in your mid 20's and want to have fun, drink a lot with your friends, stay up late and don't get enough sleep because you partied whole night and then you had to go to class the next morning, or you want to try all burger restaurants in your town.(my case) But really, you have to incorporate gym/any kind of physical activity and healthy food in your daily life in order to change something about yourself, and most importantly not to get back to your old life. It has to become a routine, and that's what I am trying to do with my life.(still in progress) I don't want to seem like I am bragging right now, so let's move on to what this post is going to be about. If you love fruit and vegetables it will be a lot easier for you to pick up on these recipes.(I am not fan of salty breakfasts like eggs and toasts and sausages, which seems to be totally incomprehensible for my boyfriend) Of course you can find these on almost every fitness/healthy food blog or webpage but I decided to choose few of my favourites and share them with you :) They are all very high in protein and fibre and are the beast option to kick off your day.

Hope you will like it.

Oatmeal topped with fruit/nuts

This is a really easy recipe and you can basically buy oatmeal bags in every store instead of cooking it from scratch, but they might contain lot of sugars and admixtures that you don't need.Therefore I'd recommend to buy simple oats and perhaps add honey to make it taste sweeter.

Ingredients:

1.150 grams of oats
2. 150 ml almond milk/or semi skimmed
3. 1 tablespoon of honey

Directions:

1.Mix oats with milk in a pan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.Add honey and stir well to make it smooth.If you want you can add more milk or oats,depending on how rich you want the oatmeal to be.
2.Put in a bowl and top with fresh fruit,coconut flakes/nuts or chia seeds








Chia pudding

Chia seeds are something you can now see in almost every healthy recipe,because they are a great source of fibre.I also like to add them to my breakfast meals and this one is absolutely delicious!

Ingredients:

1. 150 mlAlmond or any other milk
2. two tablespoons of chia seeds
3. fresh fruit
4. nuts or coconut flakes
5. one tablespoon of honey

Directions:

1. In a jar, glass or bowl mix almond milk,chia seeds and honey together.
2. You can add some fresh or frozen fruit and create layers- pudding,fruit,pudding,fruit
3. Leave in a fridge for couple hours or overnight
4. Add additional ingredients such as nuts or fruit on top before consuming



Avocado toast with eggs

I love this recipe because it's super easy and quick and because I love avocados.It is the best option for those who love salty breakfast but want to keep it healthy and light.

Ingredients:

1.wholewheat bread
2. avocado
3. two eggs
3. pinch of salt
4. butter

Directions:

1. Toast two slices of bread on a saucepan
2. Mash avocado with little bit of butter and pinch of salt until you get a smooth texture
3. Fry eggs on a saucepan
4. Spread avocado all over the toast slices and add eggs.You can also scramble the eggs instead of just frying them if you'd like


Overnight oats

My favorite recipe which I make almost every day/night before I go to sleep, so when I wake up in the morning,I just grab it from the fridge.(sometimes I even eat it on my way to uni) It's simple,healthy and fresh!

Ingredients:

1. 150 ml Oats
2. 100 ml Almond milk
3. 4 tablespoons coconut/plain yoghurt
4. 1 banana
5. chia seeds
6. cereal and nuts- additional
7. fresh fruit

Directions:

1. In a bowl, mash one banana, then add yoghurt,milk and oats and mix everything together.
2. Add additional chia seeds and mix again.
3. Put in a large jar or glass and create layers of oats,fresh fruit,cereal or/and nuts,oats and again until you fill up the whole glass.
4. Leave in a fridge overnight
5. Top with fruit or nuts, honey or whatever you like and consume


Healthy oat pancakes


Everybody likes pancakes and these are even healthy,so you don't have to feel like you're eating bunch of carbohydrates.Get prepared for Tuesday,National Pancake's Day! :)

Ingredients:

1. large banana
2. 2 eggs
3. cup of oats
4. two tbsp of almond milk
5. 1 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:

1. Blend oats until you get flower mixture
2. In a bowl mash one large banana and add to the mixture
3. Add 2 eggs and milk and mix well
4. Add baking powder and mix again
5. Put the batter into the pan and make either big or small round pancakes
6. Top with fresh or frozen fruit,jam or white yoghurt





D.

(I don't own any of the pics)

No comments:

Post a Comment