Monday, July 13, 2015

Pohoda review

Hey guys!I know it's been too long since I posted anything,but I am going to fix it in upcoming weeks.
I came back from Pohoda festival yesterday,so Im recovering at home now,drinking tea and snuggling with my bed and boyfriend.Maybe some of you are doing the same,but looking little less wrecked than I do after every festival.
I have to say,Pohoda was pretty great this year,even though I worked for a beer company Zlatý Bažant so I couldn't do all the activities I wanted to during the day,but I was free during the evening so I was able to see all the concerts.Also a lot of people have said that the line up was missing few more headliners(which is true) but the atmosphere made up for it.

Thursday's line up was little bit weak,with only one big headliner which was Manu Chao.This short and always smiling guy was filling the audience with energy and good vibes as everybody was dancing and moving to the sound of bandos playing in the background. His performance lasted almost 2 hours,but he was playing the same songs over and over again so it got little bit boring after a while.Many people were disappointed,but nobody has mentioned that Manu Chao played for so long because the band performing after him got moved to one hour later and he was just trying to fill out the time.So although it was long and he didn't play my favorite song,it was nice and refreshing.That night we went to sleep really soon-around 2 am,but at least we were fresh and ready for the next day.
On Friday morning I got to walk through the whole airport and do some activities such as wheelchair race,enter some competitions and see all the stands with food and art/clothes.Then I worked from 12 to 8 pm.





Friday night was definitely better than the previous one, mostly because of Die Antwoord.Ninja and Yolandi appeared on stage in costumes and every drugged person around me was already jumping and whistling.Even though I was only drunk,I didn't miss out on it.They started performing at 11 pm and finished after only one hour,but they played all of the most- known songs(Ugly boy,Fatty Boom Boom,Pitbull,Baby's on Fire and more) and created super big hype.Yolandi was so hot,looking like a evil child with great ass and boobs,wearing just bra and tiny booty shorts.That girl knows how to get noticed and I can only be jealous of her.During concert everybody was just screaming,yelling,whistling and jumping and the audience didn't stay quiet even after they said their goodbyes,which resulted to their "comeback" to stage.They finished with their last song-Enter the Ninja.It was sad to see them go.My body was pumped with adrenaline,I wanted to talk to them,thank them and smoke a big ass joint with them,my head was already full of dreams that could never happen,and unfortunately never will.
Afterwards we went to see RL Grime at 2.45 and I don't remember what came after that,most likely alcohol poisoning and blackout.




On Saturday the sun came out and made it horrible for me to work.I got sunburnt and stung by a bee,but I had to stay at the sun anyway.The second biggest name at this festival-Bjork started her performance right after I finished work,but because I was cold and tired I went back to camp and listened to her from there with other people.It was good,but little bit boring for me.I've also heard that she had only one wish during her stay in Slovakia-that nobody will talk to her and everything will be managed through her manager.(WHAT A BITCH)
Anyway,it was the last night so we stayed up till 6 am and finally raved the whole night.Hybrid Minds at 1.30,Koven at 3 am and unexpectedly good B-complex at 4 am.Personally I liked Koven the most because they played really good and the girl was so sweet.It can be pretty difficult sometimes for slovak festival to please me and feed my needs,when they don't know about any good drum and bass artists,because what I need at night is to rave and to sweat and dance until I fall to the ground(or tent) lol.Anyway I enjoyed all of the bands I've been to and loved the whole atmosphere!



I was also really surprised by the amount of food stands that were there this year.I couldn't even try all of them,but the ones I tried were amazing.For example burger in ŠTUR-made with grilled apple and apricot ketchup or Orbis street food-Belgian fries made in beef oil topped with coctail sauce.


Some of the other food you could get was : acaico,pizza,kebab,thai food,chinese food,pancakes and waffles,churros,treska v rožku,langoše,salads,fresh fruit,grilled chicken,soups and more.
It's amazing how colorful and assorted this festival is in all ways.
Workshops and debates that are happening during the day are another highlight of Pohoda.You never get bored because there is so many things to do and see during the day that you almost don't want to get wasted at night,just because you want to have energy to play football in a pool,or learn some new dance moves,listen to writers talk about writing :D,try roller disco or just enter competitions and get free stuff.After all,it is worth the money you pay.
Sorry I don't have many pictures,but as I said,I spent most of the day at work.Next year Im definitely going again,making it my 5th year of this super chill festival.No doubt it is called Pohoda :)

D.



No comments:

Post a Comment