Sunday, April 10, 2016

Fighting Animal Testing

I have decided to write a post about animal testing, because it is a thing that should be more recognized by public and spreading it on social media is one of the little things you can do to help to reduce the high number of people who buy products made by companies who test chemicals, make up and other cosmetics on innocent animals such as rabbits, rats, monkeys, hamsters, cats, dogs and etc.
Not only the animals are being tested on, which often results in loosing their fur, skin,ability to see, walk and interact with other animals but also they live all their lives in small cages without any litter where they can't comfortably sleep and move. I've had a bunny, hamsters and rats on my own and I loved them with all my heart and I can't imagine many of these animals don't have such a luck and their lives start and end in small tight cages where stress sometimes drives them to death even before they are killed by humans.

More and more people are starting to buy fair trade and bio groceries because they care about their health, but many are forgetting the fact that even though these cosmetic products are not harmful to our bodies, somebody else had to pay for it with their life.



The most important thing to know is, which of these companies that do test on animals provide products for your household. I did a little research myself and I was very sadly surprised.
When I found out how many products I use on daily basis that have been tested on animals, it seriously disgusted me. L'oreal, Rimmel, Bobby Brown, Colgate, Mac, Revlon and many other famous brands can be found in the list of brands that do animal testing. The sad thing is, that we don't even realize it, because these brands are big and well-known and we are more likely to buy products from a well known brand that has the money to produce expensive and ostensible adverts and campaigns, than a brand that we have never heard about.I, personally would like to make a change in my life, and even though it might cost me more money to buy bio,fair-trade and healthy products, I will try my best to do so.Of course changing something that has been in your life for many years is not easy, but we are lucky that nowadays there are many companies that offer a healthy and human options for those who care. LUSH is one of them and it is well known for their campaigns against animal testing.I personally love LUSH because it smells nice,looks nice and it's hand made, but buying there everything I need would cost me a fortune.Therefore I recommend to also look at other  companies that sell bio and cruelty free cosmetics. I am not trying to convince you, (well I kinda am) and I know it sounds impossible to give up good and quality cosmetics, but it is definitely worth it. And even if you are not able to give up your favorite make up brand, or favorite shampoo that makes your hair look amazing, it is at least important to be informed about these products and spread the world with this important message.



Full list of the cosmetic brands can be found here : http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/companies-that-test-on-animals/











Reducing the use of these products and educating other people on this issue can help largely. Just as little thing as telling your mom to not buy that washing powder she buys every time, but get a different one instead can have a positive effect on animals and the society.So why not try?

Brands that don't test on animals and offer a safe and more human choice: http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/cruelty-free-drugstore-brands/

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment