Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Trip to Brighton

Can' believe I finally got to the stage of writing the story about Brighton.Because my laptop charger broke last week and getting a new one in London is fuc*ing expensive, I didn't even have a chance to go through all the pictures I took and get stuff done,therefore I am doing it now.
Because the classes finished last week and we had nothing to do,other than laying around at my friends's flat and drinking wine every day,we decided to take a little trip to Brighton.
For those who never heard of Brighton,it is a small town on the south coast of England with population of around 163,000 inhabitants.It is famous for its pier with roundabouts and stands,Brighton wheel and the beach.Me and my friends were planning this trip for at least 3 weeks and when we finally managed to agree on the day and the time,we were already really excited to get out of London for a day.The weather could have been better,but that's the shitty thing about UK,that weather changes so quickly that you can never predict it.Also it was bank holiday that day and they were doing some improvement works at the tube stations which we didn't know about so we had to run multiple times and wait for like 3 different services to get to the train station at London Bridge.
When we arrived to Brighton after 1 hour,it was quite sunny and warm so at least something..but the city itself disappointed me.Of course I had no idea it was that small and there was almost nothing to do other than going to the beach or bars to get beer/coffee and I thought it will have some nice architecture and nice old buildings at least.The truth is,there are gardens and Royal Pavilion,which unfortunately we didn't go to, so if you want to see more,check out those.Our whole purpose of traveling here was to relax and chill so I am not even mad I haven't seen that much of the city as I could.We passed the center in 15 minutes,nothing special I have to say,just some really cute narrow streets.


We ate at Spoons which is almost everywhere in UK I think, so I got a burger again (hello summer body)


After that we went to the beach which was pretty crowded and windy but still,it was a BEACH.That's the only reason people come to Brighton I think,because of the beach and nice pubs,and the pier of course.




There is a lot of stands with seafood,fish and chips and souvenirs.Some of them look really nice.



Even though it was really windy and kind of cold at the pier,we spent there almost 2 hours drinking beer and playing games.Unfortunately it was too chill for the roundabouts but it looked very nice.






We stopped in few pubs and coffee shops by the sea walk and chilled and enjoyed the nice view.I definitely have to come back in summer,because it can be much more fun when it's warm outside.Also it is a great place for surfers and those who like to look at them :P

After all I can say it was a successful trip to the sea side and we all enjoyed it.(even though we spent half of the time drinking beer in different pubs haha) Next time I am planning to go to Bristol,mainly because the SKINS were shot there :D but that's not going to happen till October so no more trips around England for a while.Oh and pls,if you know about some really nice places in England that are worth to visit,let me know :)







No comments:

Post a Comment